When working on this recipe I was wanting to make a breakfast cookie or bar. I think you could call it a breakfast cookie as it has blueberries and oatmeal. Although, I think it is more of a cookie once I added the brown sugar. Maybe someone else could redesign it by eliminating the brown sugar to be more of a breakfast cookie...but I like it this way. Next time I am thinking of add a touch of lemon peel to make a lemon lavender blueberry version.
1 Norwood Farm Lavender Scone mix
1 cup Oats
1 stick Butter, softened
1 cup Brown sugar
1 whole egg
1 tsp vanilla extract or optional 1/2 tsp lavender extract
½ cups milk
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
1) In a large bowl, blend together scone mix and oats. Set aside.
2) In a medium sized bowl beat together the butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and extract until well combined.
3) On low speed, mix into butter mixture half of the flour mixture until combined.
4) Mix in the milk and the rest of the flour mixture.
5) Mix on low speed until combined.
6) Stir in the blueberries.
7) Using a cookie scoop place dough onto the lined baking sheets.
Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until golden.
I am Nicole Callen, lavender lover, farmer, and owner of Norwood Lavender Farm. My intention for this page is to bring you great lavender related content that you can use. Most of it contains culinary adventures that transpire in my kitchen, as I have a love for the complex floral flavor and depth that lavender brings to cooking.