I was craving chocolate and began my hunt for a delicious looking chocolate cookie recipe. I came across Christi's recipe from, Love From the Oven it looked so yummy with bits of chocolate chunks and marshmallows oozing out of them. So of course I couldn't resist using our Norwood Farm gourmet Lavender Hot Chocolate Mix!
The Lavender Hot Chocolate gives it just a hint of lavender. If you find you want more lavender taste you can add our Lavender Extract in place of vanilla extract.
Lavender Honey Chia Pudding
I have been on a total chia pudding binge lately. I have had to make it in almost every flavor until I said, "I need to make a honey and lavender chia pudding recipe!". So here is what I have come up with.
I used our Norwood Farm Lavender Extract which always seems to add a element of sweet surprise to desserts. Lavender has the ability to blend with fine chocolate, harmonize with the delicate flavors of fresh lemons, peaches, or heighten the taste of honey which is what I was counting on in this recipe.
In addition I used our Norwood Farm Culinary Lavender but ground the buds up in a coffee grinder so that it could contribute to the lavender flavor yet not be distracting with the whole buds.
I love this it made me feel like I was taking a bite of summer in with every spoonful. I personally don't prefer my treats to be really sweet so I would decrease the honey but that could be that the lavender extract brings that oomph out the honey. Try this recipe and see what you think of it.
1) Bug repellent- lavender has been shown effective for both human and animals in deterring fleas, and bugs especially the one we detest which is mosquitos when we venture in the outdoors. It works especially well when combined with other essential oils like citronella. To use rub lavender on your pulse points behind the ears and insides of the wrists which allows the essential oils to be dissipated by your body heat. It is recommended that you dilute it in a little bit of carrier oil such as coconut oil, grapeseed oil or jojoba oil.
2) Bee stings and insect bites- it has been shown effective in helping once you have a bite. Lavender is analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antiviral, bactericide, calming, cicatrisant, fungicide, nervine, relaxing, sedative. It no only helps calm reduce inflammation and calm the skin, but to the nerves in general. It has a pleasant smell that bugs (and their bites) seem to hate but most people love.
3) Burns have been helped with lavender essential because of the antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-fungal and circulatory stimulating properties that it contains. It helps with inflammation, wound healing along with reducing scarring and infection as a direct result of its antibacterial properties.
4) Rash, Dermatitis and Eczema- lavender essential as described above with burns is antiseptic, along with calming in nature to all skin conditions which helps heal the red irritated inflamed skin, and dry skin associated with eczema, rashes and dermatitis. Because of the anti-inflammatory properties it aids in numerous skin conditions to reduce redness, and inflammation of skin flare ups and conditions.
5) Chapped lips associated with winter, cold, and wind. Lavender essential oil has been seen effective as with numerous other skin conditions as it helps moisturize, seal dehydrated lips, and lubricate along with its anti-inflammatory properties help repair and heal painful and bleeding cracks on the lips. to aid in wound healing and skin regeneration. Lavender also has a numbing down effect that helps when especially painful and on aids in reducing inflammation often associated with chapped lips.
6) Acne and skin blemishes have been shown to benefit from lavender essential oil much like any of the other skin conditions already described. It is a power house with its benefits; analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antiviral, bactericide, calming, cicatrisant, fungicide, nervine, relaxing, sedative. It no only helps calm reduce inflammation and calm the skin, but to the nerves in general.
7) Digestion often associated with stomach cramps, diarrhea, gas and bloating are all forms of improper digestion. Lavender essential oil has been found helpful for relief. When inhaled or topically massaged onto the skin, the essential oil compounds trigger cells to send information to the brain which responds effectively by sending signals to the body. For digestion, an essential oil such as lavender can cause the brain to release signals that calm and soothe the digestive tract or stimulate digestion.
8) Anxiety, depression and stress are common issues today and are not to be treated lightly. Lavender essential oil has shown to having a calming, relaxing effect. It’s considered a nervous system restorative and helps with inner peace, sleep, restlessness, irritability, panic attacks, nervous stomach and general nervous tension. These conditions can be very serious and one should always seek medical attention.
9) Calming-Lavender essential oil has shown to having a calming, relaxing effect. It’s considered a nervous system restorative and helps with inner peace, sleep, restlessness.
10) Promote sleep- Lavender essential is calming, because of its relaxing quality. It’s considered a nervous system restorative and helps to balance your nerves to promote a inner peace, to promote relaxation that helps promote your ability to sleep.
Lavender Essential Oil is very popular because of its qualities as well as pleasant enjoyable fragrance. Norwood Farm makes our own therapeutic grade essential oil that is made from 100% Grosso lavender and made in Oregon-United States and matches or exceeds the quality of France. We hand cut our fresh lavender and process in small batches in our own hand hammered Portuguese copper still to ensure high quality and farm freshness! We offer it in 3 sizes and can be found here.
I am Nicole Callen, lavender lover, farmer, and owner of Norwood Farm. My intention for this page is to bring you great lavender related content that you can use. Most of it contains culinary adventures that transpire in my kitchen, as I have a love for the complex floral flavor and depth that lavender brings to cooking.